Specific applications of engineering plastics in the automotive sector
Author： cheerful plastic hi-tech material co.,ltd.Issuing time：2019-07-29 17:31:56Pageviews：1192【smallmediumbig】
The main function of engineering plastics for automobiles is to make cars lightweight, so as to achieve high fuel economy. In developed countries, the amount of plastics used in automobiles is an important indicator for measuring the level of automobile design and manufacturing. The world\'s largest amount of automotiv...
The main function of engineering plastics for automobiles is to make cars lightweight, so as to achieve high fuel economy. In developed countries, the amount of plastics used in automobiles is an important indicator for measuring the level of automobile design and manufacturing. The world's largest amount of automotive plastics is Germany, and plastics account for 15% of the total materials. In recent years, China's automobile industry has developed rapidly. At present, the annual output of automobiles exceeds 4 million. According to the forecast of foreign plastics consumption, the annual use of modified plastics in the automotive industry is over 500,000 tons, of which engineering plastics account for a large proportion, and the five engineering plastics. Performance characteristics vary, and their use in automobiles is also biased.
1. Nylon nylon is mainly used in automobile engines and engine peripheral components. The main varieties are GFPA6, GFPA66, and reinforced flame retardant PA6.
(1) Application on peripheral parts of automobile engines. Since the peripheral components of the engine are mainly heat-generating and vibrating components, most of the materials used for the components are glass-reinforced nylon. This is because nylon has a good overall performance. The main properties of nylon modified with glass fiber are greatly improved, such as strength, product precision, dimensional stability, etc. In addition, nylon has many varieties, is easy to recycle and recycle, and the price is relatively cheap. These factors make nylon an ideal choice for engine peripheral components. Intake manifold is a typical application of modified nylon in automobiles. In 1990, BMW Motors of Germany first applied the intake manifold made of glass fiber reinforced nylon to a six-cylinder engine; later, Ford and DuPont The company cooperated and applied the intake manifold made of glass fiber reinforced PA66 to the V6 engine. After the world's major automobile companies followed suit, the modified nylon intake manifold was widely used.
(2) Application on automotive engine components. Modified parts such as engine cover, engine cover and cylinder head cover are generally made of modified nylon. Compared with metal materials, the cylinder head cover is reduced in weight by 50% and the cost is reduced by 30%. In addition to engine components, reinforced nylon, such as oil filters, wipers, radiator grills, etc., can also be used for other force components of the car.
2. Polyester In the field of automobile manufacturing, PBT is widely used in the production of bumpers, carburetor components, fenders, spoilers, spark plug terminal plates, fuel supply system parts, instrument panels, car igniters, accelerators and clutches. Parts such as pedals. PBT and enhanced PA, PC, POM competition in the automotive industry is very fierce, PA is easy to absorb water, PC heat resistance is not as good as PBT; in automotive applications, because PBT is better than PA, Will gradually replace PA,. In the case of relatively high relative humidity and very humid, the plasticity is likely to be lowered due to moisture, and corrosion is easily caused at the electrical node, and the modified PBT can often be used. At 80 ° C, 90% relative humidity, PBT can still be used normally, and the effect is very good.
GE's PBT/PC alloy, trade name Xenoy1731, is widely used in high-cars; it has good heat resistance, stress crack resistance, excellent wear resistance, chemical resistance, high low temperature impact strength, and easy processing. And good finish, mainly used in car bumpers, car floor, panels and motorcycle guards.
Third, the POM automotive industry is decorated with a potential market for POM. POM is light in weight, easy to process and form, low in production cost, and similar in material properties to metals. Modified POM has low wear resistance and strong rigidity; it is very suitable for manufacturing automotive pumps, carburetor components, oil pipelines, power valves, upper bearings, motor gears, cranks, handles, instrument panels, and automotive window lifts. , electric switch, seat belt buckle, etc. The manufacture of wear parts such as bushings, gears and sliders is the strength of the modified POM. These parts have low metal wear, reduce the amount of lubricating oil and enhance the service life of the parts. Therefore, it can widely replace copper, zinc and other metal production bearings. , gears, levers, etc. POM's automotive parts are lighter in weight, low in noise, and easy to assemble and assemble, making them more and more widely used in the automotive industry.
4. Polycarbonate modified PC is mainly used for exterior parts and interior parts in automobiles due to its high mechanical properties and good appearance. It is widely used in PC/ABS alloy and PC/PBT alloy.